Information & Computer Technology
Key Stage 3
ICT at KS3 has the aim of developing the ICT Skills required to facilitate the delivery of the KS3 curriculum and to enable pupils to achieve a level in using ICT.
Key Stage 4
By offering pupils the option of choosing ICT at GCSE level, we aim to encourage them to:
- Engage actively in the study of business and digital technology in order to develop as effective and independent learners and critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds.
- Recognise that their knowledge of business and the use of software applications will provide a sound basis for a future role as employee or employer.
- Understand the changing role of digital technologies in business and economic activities.
- Develop skills and understanding in the use of software applications.
- Use software applications to develop digital solutions to enhance business activities.
- Be inspired by following a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course that could lead to further study.