The curriculum for Years 11 and 12 includes a number of compulsory core subjects in addition to certain optional subjects chosen by the pupils themselves.
Decisions on optional subjects are only taken after Year 10 pupils and their parents have followed a detailed guidance programme.
|Learning For Life and Work||2|
- Category 1 - available at GCSE level only
- Category 2 - may be studied at GCSE or entry level
- Category 3 - may be studied at GCSE or general interest level
- Category 4 - may be studied at full or shortened GCSE course level
- Category 5 - Non-exam
The optional subjects are formed into groups from those listed below and pupils choose one from each group.
The composition of these groups may vary from year to year as they depend in part on pupil demand.
Category 1 Subjects
- Art and Design
- Business Studies
- Child Development
- Single/Double Award Science
- English Literature
- Health and Social Care
- Home Economics
- Technology and Design
Category 2 Subjects
- Occupational Studies - Hair & Beauty, Plant & Animal Care, Agriculture, Horticulture, Electrical Wiring, Plumbing, Joinery
Religious Education in the school is provided in accordance with the Education Order 1989 (NI). Parents who do not wish their children to receive such Religious Education or to attend Acts of Worship have the right to ask for their children to be withdrawn from these.