See the world differently through the eyes of Media!
Within the English Department at the High School we strive to keep up to date with the Technological advances that are rapidly changing our experiences and perception of life in the new Millennium.
We pride ourselves on our modern approach to teaching and Media is seen as the perfect tool to use as we try to extract the full potential from our pupils.
Recently we have been involved with a Creative Learning Center (Studio On) who have helped us introduce Digital Storytelling, Model Making and Animation into our classroom activities. Various skills are developed through this modern means of teaching, below are just a few—
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions
- The ability to work with others on a collaborative task
- The chance to show their creativity
- The ability to manage their own learning by being encouraged to evaluate their own strengths and weakness
At Key Stage Three level, some of the activities that feature in our classrooms are----
- Learning about the ‘Language’ of film e.g. Understanding how camera angles and shot sizes work
- Developing an appreciation of how the use of music, colour and character portrayal, influences the mood and atmosphere of a production
- Compiling storyboards as the pupils plan their own Media piece
- Learning how to set up the equipment needed to present a Media piece
- Using Digital Technology such as stills and video cameras to record their own film pieces